A critical component of our mission is developing and sharing life changing techiques and technologies with the communities that need them most. Our work has taken us to some of the most impoverished regions of the globe, including:
- Pnohm Penh, Cambodia Health Volunteers Overseas 2008
- US Army Hospital in Landstuhl, Germany 2006, 2007
- Trujillo, Peru – International Neurosurgery Education 2005
- Lima,Peru – International Neurosurgery Education 2002
- Arequipa, Peru – International Neurosurgery Education 2002
- Santiago, Chile International Neurosurgery Education 2001
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras – International Neurosurgery Education 2000
- St Petersburg, Russia – International Neurosurgery Education 2000
- Lima,Peru – International Neurosurgery Education 1998
Our Global Community Outreach Program is the made possible by people, like you, who have helped support the Spine Institute Foundation and its mission for over a decade. You can make a difference.
Global Community Outreach
The Spine Institute Foundation shares breakthrough medical techniques and technologies with third world communities.
Dr. Johson Publishes Research Report: Computer-Guided Endoscopic Neurosurgery in the Thoracic Spine
There seems to be broad agreement that the brightest hope for delivering enhanced patient care and better outcomes in surgery relies on technological advances, in the right hands. Read More
Dr. Johnson Performs Surgery at Stanford
Dr. Johnson was in Palo Alto today with Stanford neurosurgeon-spinesurgeon, Dr. Ed Rustamzadeh, who trained under Dr Johnson and they were doing a very complex correction of cervical-thoracic kyphosis ie: “chin on chest deformity (as published in December 2010 Journal of Neurosurgery by Dr.’s Samudrala, Johnson et al.)
Interestingly, Dr. Johnson operated on this patients cousin in Los Angeles for a spinal osteomyelitis in 2003 and a recurrence in 2011 now doing well.
” As I’m sure everyone knows there are only a handful of surgeons in the country (maybe 10 in the world) that would tackle this kind of problem. Dr. Johnson having the largest published series in literature. ”
Srinath Samudrala MD, FACS
Dr. Johnson on the Dr. Phil Show
Dr. Johnson Consults on Patient Care
American Health Front
Breakthrough Spine Treatments